Every organization needs a 5 year strategic plan. Mapping out your non-profit’s goals will give your staff, volunteers, board members, and donors a clear understanding of where your organization is, and where it wants to go.
1. Table of Contents
2. Executive Summary
- This is a basic summary of what you will be including in the strategic plan.
3. Background and History
- Include the what, where, why, and how of your organization’s creation.
- What is the strategic direction of your organization?
- What do you want to get accomplished in the next 5 years?
5. Mission Statement
- What is your organization’s definition of success?
- What would need to happen to make your non-profit obsolete?
7. Core Operating Values
- What are the core operating values that influence the culture and public image of your organization?
8. Financial Support
- What are your funding sources?
9. Use of Services
- Who are you serving?
- Where are you serving them?
- How are you serving them?
10. Critical Issues
- What is crucial to operating your non-profit and its programs?
11. Organization’s Bylaws
12. List of Board of Directors
- How are they selected?
- What are they required to do?
- A brief summary of opportunities, threats, strengths, and weaknesses of your organization
14. Goals and Objectives
- A general summary throughout the 5 years
- A break down per year, per program
- What monitoring and evaluation framework will your organization use to effectively measure the effect of your programs?
16. Organizational Structure
- List of staff and positions
- For each year listed in plan (projected or proposed)